Pavement licence guidance

PASMA provides guidance on licences for those using mobile access towers built on pavements.

Legally, in order to position towers – short term or otherwise – on a “highway”, a licence must be obtained from the local Highway Authority. A highway is defined as any place where the public has a right to pass, such as pavements, carriageways, footpaths and verges.

PASMA’s guidance is intended to assist:

Below is a link to download the full guidance notes:

 Scaffold Tower Pavement Licence Guidance