What is the current product standard for mobile towers?
EN1004:2004 (published in the UK as BSEN1004:2004) is the European standard for mobile access and working towers made from prefabricated elements. EN1004 covers standard mobile towers in the height range of 2.5m to 8m for external (outdoors) use and 2.5m to 12m internal (indoors) use.
BS1139 Part 6:2014 is the British standard which covers mobile access towers outside of the scope of EN1004 but which use the same components.
BS1139-6:2014 covers the following tower types/builds:
- Towers on stairs
- towers with cantilever platforms
- linked / bridging or facade towers
- towers with high clearance frames
- high level towers greater than 12m for internal use and 8m for external use
- towers less than 2.5m in height (commonly referred to as room scaffolds)
Unable to find an answer to your question?
Please fill in our contact us form and we will answer your question directly.