Tower of the Month
Enter your scaffold tower pictures into the Tower of the Month competition! You’ll be helping us build a library of images we can use to showcase the variety of ways that towers can be used and to promote safe practice. And if you win, you’ll get the added kudos of your photo being given the PASMA seal of approval.
Step 1 – you submit your best tower photo using the form below
Step 2 – our safety experts inspect it to ensure it’s a shining example of good practice
Step 3 – we post our favourite 3 photos on social media and the one with the most likes is declared Tower of the Month
Step 4 – we use the winning photo on the PASMA homepage and social media channels for one month and give you a shiny graphic that you can use to promote your win
You can submit your photos until 29th March 2020. Our shortlist will appear on social media within two weeks, after which the winner will be declared. We’re trying this competition out as part of our Tower Week celebrations but if it goes well, we’ll make it a regular thing.
Who can enter
PASMA members and their employees can of course enter the competition. In addition, we’d love to see entries from absolutely anyone else, as long as you are not involved in the manufacture, hire or supply of scaffold towers or in training people in their use, or in assembling complex tower structures for clients.
What we're looking for
* Towers! They could be on the production line, training room, delivery van, construction site, exhibition show… we don’t care, as long as there’s at least one tower or component in the picture
* If there are people in the picture, make sure they’re happy to be included and wearing appropriate PPE
* Good quality, high resolution images
* We’re not expecting professional photographs, amateur snaps are great!
* It must be your own photograph
* Landscape photos are preferred
* No prominent company branding please
* We’ve saved the most important for last – the towers in your photo must be assembled correctly and being used safely
Terms and conditions
- Photos must be submitted using the Photo of the Month Entry Form.
- The Closing Date for entries is 11:59pm on Sunday 29th March.
- The competition is open to PASMA members and their employees, as well as anyone else who is not involved in the manufacture, hire or supply of mobile access towers, prefabricated tower scaffold or low level work platforms, in training people in their use or in the assembly of complex tower structures.
- Your entry must be your own original work and not in breach of any copyright.
- While you retain the copyright of your image, you agree that PASMA can use your photo indefinitely in our global marketing and communications, either in its original or an edited form.
- Entries will first be reviewed by PASMA’s safety experts to filter out any that do not show good practice.
- Remaining entries will then be reviewed by a panel of judge to create a shortlist of their favourite photos. There are no specific criteria used to judge entries. For example, a photo could be shortlisted because it shows an interesting use of towers, was taken in a scenic location, shows creativity or has a great story behind it. The judging panel includes one independent judge, whose name is available on request.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The 3 shortlisted photos will be posted on PASMA’s social media accounts. After 7 days, the photo with the most ‘likes’ will be the winner.
- If we receive fewer than 3 entries, we may run the competition with a shortlist of less than 3.
- There will only be one winner. In the event of a draw, the judges will decide.
- The prize for the winning entry is a graphic declaring that the photo won PASMA Photo of the Month. In addition, the photo will be used on the PASMA homepage and social media accounts for a period of one calendar month.
- No cash prize will be substituted.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified by email by 6th April.
- The winner will be notified by email by 17th April.
- You can enter as many times as you like – multiple entries will be accepted. However, each photo must only be entered once.
- We will publish the winner’s name and if applicable, their employer, on our website, social media accounts and marketing materials. We believe it’s important for all participants that competitions are run transparently, so our lawful basis under the GDPR for sharing these details is legitimate interests. If you object to this, please email email@example.com and let us know.
- We reserve the right to invalidate any entry, refuse the prize or withdraw the prize from anyone who is found to have breached our terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without further notice. We will only do this in exceptional circumstances and will make every effort not to alter significant terms and conditions.